Sunday, September 03, 2006

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #86: 170 or Bust!



IN THE 10TH GRADE, I'D PRACTICALLY reached my maximum height somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11", and I weighed 145 pounds.

I was a rail, an ectomorph - what is commonly called a "hard-gainer."

I received all sorts of magical weight-gaining advice from friends - Eat a potato everyday - and from coaches - Do lots of heavy squats - and family members - Wait till you're married! None of that worked. Well, I didn't exactly try marriage.

And I don't know about others' experiences with weight-gain formulas, but every one I tried sent me straight to la toilette. How sexy is extra mass when you're strapped to a commode?

Granted, I did gain a "freshman-fifteen" over my early 20's which put me around 160, but it seemed, no matter what I did, that I just could not gain weight! (I can feel you rolling your eyes; but, hey, we all have our problems.)

Whether it was a combination of accomplishing goal 8, goal 69, or whether it was hitting age 30, I'm not sure, but, at any rate, I'll take it!

True, if you look at me today, I still look slim, but at least there'll be no more Starvin Marvin jokes!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED 86: Achieve and maintain a weight of 170 pounds.

3 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Sorry, I'm deducting pounds of flesh for you not showing up at probably the best slam Atlanta has ever seen on Saturday night at Java Monkey. Shame, shame, shame.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey man where are the before and after pics? We wanna see!

M. Ayodele Heath said...

Ah, yes, before and after. Hopefully you'll never get to see the before, but when I strike off goal 11 or 52 you'll definitely get to see the after!

Stay tuned...